Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Enlightenment

An Irish blogger named Ailsa Prideaux-Mooney wrote recently about her chagrin at the American election. She wrote: "To counteract this bleakness, I have resolved to actively seek out all that is enlightened, noble and beautiful about being human – and that’s what this week’s travel theme is about. I hope you’ll join me in celebrating the joy of the human condition."

I accept her challenge: to post photos from recent travels that make one think of enlightenment, and help to look forward from the current election season to what one hopes will be an enlightened woman in the Presidency. I am linking to her post, Travel Theme: Enlightened

My selection of photos I've taken in the past 6 months that have that meaning for me:

Paris, Museè D'Orsay, Statue of Liberty (one of various copies by the original French sculptor
Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi).
Gutenberg's Printing Press. Printing Museum, Provo, Utah.
Woman doing Yoga by the Pacific Ocean. Kauai, Hawaii.

Hawaiian Rainbow.

Native Hawaiian Owl. While it denotes wisdom in our culture,
in Hawaiian culture the owl is a protector.
Chinese Scholar's Study, Victoria & Albert Museum, London.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

This is a fascinating collection, Mae. Beautiful photos and wonderful interpretations of the theme.