Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Best Halloween Candy

Several websites that I read have created lists of their favorite Halloween candy. Of course many responsible writers this year (and every year) have also attacked the terrible habit Americans have of eating candy for every holiday. I decline to listen to them. I love Halloween and all the fun and candy, and I've loved it all my life.

Now it's time to rank the candy -- in particular, the candy that came in my Costco deluxe Halloween candy assortment, of which I bought 2 bags with 300 pieces of candy total, as shown in my own photos below. Starting with my favorite:
My favorite: York Peppermint Patties. Since 300 pieces is more candy than I need for trick-or-treats,
I have removed these and sequestered them for my own later enjoyment as illustrated. I hope the kids at the door will
be happy with the remaining selections: one to a customer!
Tied as my second & third favorites: the two flavors of M&Ms.
Tied for fourth & fifth: Snickers and Milky Way.
Sixth: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Seventh: Almond Joy. Costco's finest didn't include Mounds, which I
like slightly better than Almond Joy. Sometimes you feel like a nut.
Sometimes you don't.
Eighth and Ninth in my world: Kit Kat and Twix.
My tenth choice: Amazingly, 100 Grand is new to me. I found it too chewy.
Len, however, likes it a lot. 
Ready for tomorrow night in my biggest mixing bowl: I expect to give away all this -- minus whatever I eat before the kids show up.

Most years I buy Butterfingers, which would be in my ranking up there
with M&Ms, but not quite at the Peppermint Patty level.
However, I don't have any of them this year so this is a screen shot.



6 comments:

Shaheen said...

I'm familiar with most of the candy sweets shown here except for Butterfinger and the very first one York - would be curious to see it out of its packaging.

Molly said...

We have so few trick or treaters anymore that I rarely buy any treats (otherwise I would eat them all). However... I would rank Butterfinger at the top of the list closely followed by the York peppermint patty :)

Beth F said...

The last two years I have had no kids at all come to the door, so I'm not going to buy chocolate this year. I adore York peppermint patties. When I could still eat peanuts, I liked butterfingers a lot too.

Summer said...

Nice treats ♥

Margot said...

Great list. Too bad about the Butterfingers. The only one I'd add would be Payday. I like the caramel and nuts together.

Jeanie said...

My favorites are Butterfingers and Mounds. Payday, too but I don't usually get it for the kids because of nut allergies. Oh heck, any ol' Halloween candy except Necco wafers makes me smile!