Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Alfriston, Sussex

A rooftop  in the picturesque town of Alfriston, where we spent several hours today.
At Badger's Tea Room in Alfriston
Badger's Kitchen.
Welch Rarebit with ham, crisps, and salad.
Around Alfriston  


Offerings from the Fall Harvest Festival in the church.
Inside the church. 


Dinner at the George Inn. I had delicious mushroom arancini (deep-fried rice balls).
Beer on tap: the George Inn.
During the afternoon, we also drove down to the seacoast and also walked on the cliffs above the sea. Across from the seaside promenade, we had afternoon tea at a very retro-style hotel which reminded us of many of the recent TV adaptations of Agatha Christie mysteries. Though we enjoyed an hour of sitting in the extremely formal hotel and drinking tea/hot chocolate/coffee, we felt that a long stay might make one bored enough to commit a murder that only Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple could solve.



  

10 comments:

Jeanie said...

Ha! Much to smile about here -- the boredom leading to a Christie-style murder, the catsup bottle in the window. And oh, it all looks so charming and delicious too. What a wonderful trip you are having!

Kitchen Riffs said...

I don't recognize that Fielding quote, but I haven't read him for ages (decades!). Just decided I need to reread _Tom Jones_. Anyway, fun pictures, interesting post -- thanks.

Molly said...

What a lovely photo narrative!

I dream of enjoying tea in the English countryside. Someday that dream will come true...

(Diane) bookchickdi said...

I love the Fielding quote and I thought of Agatha Christie too as I was reading your post and looking at the photos.It looks like a wonderful day.

Beth F said...

Nice little chapel ... and a draft cider seems just the thing after a day of exploring.

Jackie McGuinness said...

There's nothing like a pub in the UK!!

Nan said...

Lucky you! I could spend a long (life?!) time there. I'd never be bored.

Vicki said...

Love this post. I got to experience a bit of the world I would otherwise have never seen.

Tina said...

It's always lovely traveling with you, I love these photos. This would be a nice time of year to visit in England and hope we can do that one day.

Deb in Hawaii said...

It looks like a pretty little place.
Aloha,
Deb