Sunday, December 07, 2008

More Mystery Food

I'm guest blogging this week at Catherine Mambretti's blog: Postcard Mysteries. Catherine, a mystery author herself, blogs about jury trials and other issues of crime and punishment -- very interesting: check it out.

Catherine invited me to write about food in courtroom dramas (especially, what did the jury eat), and in other detective fiction. See my post here. More will follow later this week, interspersed with her ongoing posts.

Food in literature is one of my pleasures, and I often review books in terms of the way that food is used for creating atmosphere, character, ironic detachment, or whatever. Here are links to more posts about food and detective stories:
Also, Catherine wrote a guest post for this blog recently: Comment on Chinese Food.

No comments: