- "Bacon has a place at the table morning, noon and night. And venture beyond its natural pairings to the unusual yet sublime -- in an apple coffeecake or as a martini garnish. Enjoy. ...
"And for a finale? Candied bacon. Sprinkle some brown sugar over bacon slices, and bake until crisp and caramelized. Go ahead, make the whole pound -- trust me, it's that good." -- L.A. Times: "Bacon recipes galore!"
- "Bacon: Delicious! Ice cream: My favorite! The combination of bacon and ice cream: a direct threat to my views of economics. You see, every bite was awful. It wasn’t even really good bacon; it was cheap bacon bits scattered through the ice cream. But somehow, even though each mouthful was terrible, I couldn’t stop eating it." -- Freakonomics Blog, November 19, 2008
- How To: Make Your Own Bacon Ice Cream -- Geekology, November 18, 2008
- "Yes, that’s right: chocolate-covered bacon." -- NYT City Room Blog: "Mmm … Bacon! (Of the Chocolate-Covered Variety)"
- Recipe: Arugula, Bacon, and Gruyère Bread Pudding -- Gourmet, December, 2008.
- “It was rumored that New York journalist A. J. Liebling used a piece of bacon as a bookmark.” -- New York Times Book Review: "Cookbooks"
Monday, December 08, 2008
Is this a Bacon Fad?
Food writers, columnists, and chefs seem to be indulging in a bacon fad. Some quotes I've read in the last few weeks: