Saturday, May 07, 2016

Paris Gardens

The Place des Voges was very crowded this afternoon.
Continuing with my impressions of outdoor Paris, I have a number of photos of the gardens and green spaces in the city. Unfortunately for the people who live here, it's really quite crowded despite these beautiful oases.

Place des Voges.
Hotel de Sully, near Place des Voges.
Hotel de Sens, near the river.

Carnavalet Museum garden -- which you can see without going into the museum.
Behind Notre Dame.
The Medici Fountain in the Luxembourg gardens.
Statue of Montaigne near the Cluny museum.

Champs de Mars near the Eiffel Tower.
One more Mona Lisa: an old travel poster in a random shop window.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Thank you for saying that is Montaigne. I have photos of that statue too and couldn't remember who it was! Lovely photos including some of my favorite spots in Paris. I love how well used the parks are -- always people and families, reading, walking, picnicking. One of the most special parts of the city.

Debra Eliotseats said...

Thanks for sharing your travels through photos. I know you had a most wonderful time!