Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Cold Weather Food


Chili with cornbread -- classic for winter! It was really cold today, though it's somewhat warming up: current temperature is in the mid-twenties. By Saturday it might go above freezing.

Chili with sour cream, grated parmesan, and red bell pepper.
The chili was spicy so the garnishes were mild: sour cream, bell pepper, olives, grated parmesan cheese, clementine sections. The muffins are from a Jiffy-Mix box that I bought last summer when I toured the Jiffy plant in Chelsea, Michigan. In fact, I bought too many Jiffy mixes, and have now donated quite a few of them to the food pantry in Ypsilanti. Making cornbread or muffins from cornmeal, flour, etc. instead of using a mix isn't that hard. You have to add milk and egg either way.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

You DID get a lot of mixes! I mostly use mine for corn casserole and still haven't used the banana muffins they gave us because that's not my fave flavor. Good idea on the food bank!