Tuesday, August 08, 2023

The Greatest Foods of All Time?

CNN.com has a current article titled "International desserts: 50 famous desserts around the world" by Jen Rose Smith. This photo collection is so utterly tempting that I can't resist saving my favorite photos, the ones that I'd like to eat RIGHT NOW! 

I have tasted many more than half of them -- you probably have too. All the ones I know about are so fantastic I can hardly stand to look at the photos. Here are a few samples (but I think it's a fun project to just look at all the photos).

Number 8: Cardamom buns from Sweden.

Number 10: Chocolate chip cookies from the US. The photo shows them fresh and hot. Irresistible.

Number 11: Chocolate mousse from France. I remember my first-ever bite of this. Awesome.

Number 20: Gelato from Italy. Luckily, there are at least some ice cream shops here that have this treat.

Number 28: Lemon tart from France -- my favorite of all. Though I like the single-serving ones best.

Number 36: Pavlova from Australia and New Zealand. Quite a rivalry.
I think a chef in New Zealand has been shown to be the real inventor, but the popularizer was Australian.

I hope CNN won't mind that I have copied their photos because they make me so hungry.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Thank you for sharing this article. And yes, the photos are glorious.

thecuecard said...

Wow those photos of all are killer. I can't even say which one I like best.

My name is Erika. said...

I've never had a pavlova. But the others look yummy, and I'm off to check out the article. hugs-Erika

Vagabonde said...

Those photographs are so clear and tempting, they make me very hungry. I only ate some leftover I brought to Marietta from Nashville – slim picking. Nothing to go for and find in the kitchen – I’d go to the store to buy some sweet, but it’s past midnight, so not now. My – if these desserts were in front of me, which one would I chose? Maybe the mousse au chocolat – I have not had a good one in a long time. I’ll read the CNN article later, it would make it even harder to go to bed on an empty stomach!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

My vote goes for Miriam's Lemon Meringue Pie!

Vagabonde said...

I just went to the grocery store to buy some necessary items, milk, bread, fruits, etc. The clerk came and asked me if I was finding what I was looking for. Yes I answered, thanks. We were close to the cold food area. He added –“ I just unloaded some items that are imported from Belgium.” So I went to have a look, and do you know what? They were little glass containers of chocolate mousse! I bought some. I am a happy camper now… pretty lucky don’t you think?

eileeninmd said...

Yum, they all look delicious. Take care, enjoy your day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The only thing I've had or made were chocolate chip cookies. They even looked like that fresh from the oven. You have made me very hungry, now.