Sunday, September 11, 2022

Mona Lisa Everywhere

It's easier to find Mona Lisa than to find Waldo, as I've known for many years of collecting a variety of appropriations, interpretations, and re-uses of her famous face. Here are a few of her recent appearances in a variety of websites (none of these are my original photos). Of course the original sites are likely to disappear from the web eventually, but I've saved the images.

On the side of a building in Paris

The New Mona Lisa” on a building in the 13th arrondisement

In a Japanese Rice Paddy

From the Spoon and Tamago blog: "Seven different varieties of rice are planted in early June....
They take roughly 1 month to grow, slowly filling out and completing the artwork."

On the cover of the New Yorker


On an album cover at Spotify

Listen at this site: Spotify - Mona Lisa.

In NonFungibleToken Art (whatever that means)

This image is labeled "Auction Failed," so I guess no one wanted it.

From "Digital Artists Take On the Mona Lisa in New NFT Exhibit"

More of the usual parody images

From Singulart by Jamie Lee.

"Smile, Mona Lisa"

In a Bolivian art studio

Mona Lisa in traditional Cholita clothing.

Having a Glass of Wine

From Twitter

And in Brussels this summer

From an exhibit at the Comics Art Museum, Brussels.

This image collection assembled for mae’s food blog.

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nice collection from recent images you found. Somehow, I thought I needed to find the murals and photograph them. This post really changes things.

Tina said...

All of the artwork is impressive but the Japanese rice paddy is something else!

kwarkito said...

I love all these variations on the Mona Lisa which are particularly pleasing. I have a whole series that I made myself that I should think about putting online one day.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Oh this is so cool! Thanks for sharing

Iris Flavia said...

I only learned about Waldo three years ago!!! Crazy, isn´t it!
Very cool, creative variations of ML.

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) said...

NFT Art to me makes no sense. Who on earth would want to buy a virtual piece of art?

Sami said...

Wow, who knew Mona Lisa was so popular? That first mural, the rice paddy and the Bolivian one are my favourites.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Mae.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
What a great collection of Mona Lisa images. I like the mural on the building and the rice paddy. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy new week!

Jenn Jilks said...

That is a hoot!