Sunday, July 12, 2020

"Shoot the Piano Player"

During the blog party Paris in July, out host Tamara and a few other bloggers have posted links to some excellent music. Here's one of my favorite Paris film songs, from Tirez sur le pianiste -- Shoot the Piano Player, which was released in 1960. I've seen it a number of times. The director was François Truffaut and it stars Charles Aznavour as the piano player -- you can see him playing piano in this excerpt.

 

This July, I have been sharing mostly posts about maps of Paris, but I couldn't resist adding this link to support the music theme.

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Ah, Aznavour. He died when we were in Paris in 2018 (or right before we arrived) and happened upon his memorial service at Les Invalides on our way to the metro. We watched for a very long while with the addresses by Macron and others on large screens. It was one of my most memorable moments.

Tamara said...

Mae, thanks for joining in the musical tribute to Paris. This is quite the catchy tune. I might need to listen a few more times to comprehend the french, but i appreciate the subtitles.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I have heard that song many times, but I didn't realize it was from this film.