Sunday, July 12, 2020

Music for the King of France


The fountains at Versailles were modernized a few years ago to include beautiful recorded music from the era when the palace was built. We were charmed and delighted when we visited there in 2013, as we arrived unaware of this renovation.

At the blog party "Paris in July," host Tamara at Thyme for Tea, posted some beautiful French classical music. To continue her theme, I'm adding this musical video from the management of Versailles. Happily, the fountains are operating this summer -- with appropriate safety measures. For more information, see the website for the Chateau of Versailles.

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, Mae, this is incredible. What a beautiful up close and personal look at that incredible fountain.

Catalyst said...

That was a delightful break in my day. Thank you.

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) said...

Versaille was so crowded when we were there last year. The queues coupled with a hailstorm dissuaded us from going in. Have a super week.

Stevenson Q said...

Mae this is such a beautiful video! the visuals are stunning! Makes me very more sad that I wasn't able to see Versailles! though I think it was also not the best time to see it during the Winter when I was there. Love the music, very grand, welcoming, and jubilant!

Thank you so much for your kind comment on my latest post Mae. I very much share your reasons as to why I quit fb. Aside from the posers that impersonate me and scares me, political reasons are why. our country is getting more and more scary and that site is something it uses especially almost all Filipinos have an account and you are right about the nature of the company, no wonder some other apps are starting to cut ties with them.

Have a great new week Mae!

Marg said...

This is so beautiful!

Lisbeth said...

That is wonderful! Imagine listening to it at the spot.

Tamara said...

Mae, than you. Ive necer been to these gardens but now i must put it on my list (ever hopeful i'll be able to travel to Paris again). The music is just a great choice for fountains!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

My sister picked a day for our visit when the music was playing (in 2010, it was on Sunday). I made a little video (seven seconds) of one of the fountains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIOzKhLPVfs

vvb32 reads said...

Loved the fountains when I was there. So much to see. I don't think I saw all of them.