Sunday, December 02, 2018

On Not Buying Stuff!

How could I resist buying Louvre Monopoly for my Mona Lisa collection? I don't know how, but I just didn't buy
any of the hundreds of Mona Lisa items I saw. I simply have too much in my collection. 

Mona Snow Globes -- super tempting!
I think my current Mona t-shirt count is 29.



I would have bought these but €6.50 is ridiculous for throw-aways!
You can see the reflection of the small pyramid in the display case here.

A glasses case with Mona's eyes? Well, maybe I should have. But I didn't.

"The Louvre in 90 Minutes."
"What's So Special about Mona Lisa?" I guess I should have bought it,
since I'd really like to know the answer.
In the flower market near Notre Dame. More tea towels. Nope.
A book of art reproductions with stick-on mustaches and other embellishments.
 Title: "Do Like Duchamp."


When I went through my photos I was totally amazed at the sheer number of Mona Lisa items I had seen in the shops of the Louvre, the Centre Pompidou, and in ordinary tourist shops all over! There are many more but I've already included way too many in this post!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

My favorite Mona is the one made of spools of thread I saw about 8 or 10 years ago at the North Carolina Museum of Art. There is a picture of it here - https://www.yatzer.com/mona-lisa-made-5184-spools-thread

Pam said...

Great Mona Lisa items! You have a great collection and I'm sure it's fun to look at it all. I'm through collecting, have way too much "stuff" and want to down-size everything.

Jeanie said...

You need to know when to hold 'em! And you did -- the mark of a smart collector is knowing when enough is enough. But that said, there are some mighty tempting things here!

Tina said...

Had no idea there would be so much, so many souvineera with Mona Lisa!