Saturday, December 20, 2014

More Moroccan Cooking

 As I've written (Tagine, Tagine) my first experiment with cooking in a tagine was a disaster from the point of view of the cookware -- but the food was delicious. And I can see that any recipe can be made with the cooking equipment that I already own.

Thus I decided to continue with my plan to buy one or more Moroccan cookbooks. My favorite book dealer (Motte and Bailey) had this wonderful French-language book on the cuisine of the Jews of Morocco by Viviane and Nina Moryoussef. My next possible purchase will be one by Paula Wolfert.

I'm not sure when I'll be trying new recipes, but I'm already really enjoying reading them and looking at the gorgeous illustrations.
Preserved lemons and other condiments as shown in my new cookbook.
"Boulettes de Poisson Sauce Tomate" --
definitely a recipe I hope to try.

No comments: