- Alinea by Grant Achatz
- The French Laundry Cookbook by Thomas Keller
- The Big Fat Duck Cookbook by Heston Blumenthal
- A Day at elBulli by Ferran Adria
- Under Pressure: Cooking Sous Vide by Thomas Keller
If you are going to spend all that effort to make perfectly good food into something else, leave me behind with Julia Child. I think that food like that was better when it was "Futurist" and thought to be ironic. Maybe irony is a dish best tasted not at all.
Here's a recently reissued book that I'd like to read:
- Ma Gastronomie by Fernand Point (original on the right, reissue on the left)