Sunday, April 23, 2023

Visiting NorthEast, Maryland


NorthEast, Maryland, is a small town at the north end of Chesapeake Bay. It's name is a mystery to me! Last week, we had a very nice seafood lunch on a patio at a creek-side restaurant in NorthEast, after watching eagles and vultures at the Conowingo Dam, which is around a half-hour drive away. While the shops in the town are a disappointingly touristy, I enjoyed seeing several murals, and noticed a few nicely painted old houses.




I’ve seen quite a few of these angel wings, and had to try them out.

I drew myself an angel dress to go with the wings.



I was happy to see a Little Free Library.

One of the eagles we saw at Conowingo Dam.

Blog post © 2023 nae sander,
Shared with Sami’s Monday Murals.


14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love all the murals. Beautiful photo of the Bald Eagle.
There is a nice hike and trail near the town of NorthEast to the Turkey Point Lighthouse. Take care, have a wonderful week!

Tina said...

I love traveling with you!

By the way, I left you a very long answer about the foxes on my blog. I didn't want to leave such a long comment here.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love the angel dress! Very creative.
The murals are fun.

kwarkito said...

Quelle incroyable série de peintures murales. j'aime beaucoup l'étang, et les ailes d'anges aussi...

Cloudia said...

What a fun little jaunt. Nice angel dress

anno said...

Great murals... is every town commissioning them these days! If so, I am glad, and glad for your ability to find them all. Loved the angel dress...

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

These murals are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing

Vagabonde said...

That is a strange name for a town, but the community where I live in Cobb County, GA is called « DueWest » I guess when they ran out of calling towns the same names as in the old country they used the cardinal points. There is a SouthEast, NY in Putnam County as well. (I visited the Paris in Kentucky but not the Paris in Tennessee,called after the “old country” I guess.) They do have lovely murals there, great for photo amateurs or photo enthusiast I should say…

Iris Flavia said...

You angel, you - very well done!
To Ukraine, and to reading.

Sami said...

Fantastic murals Mae, my favourite is the yellow field of flowers. Very talented drawing an angel dress :)
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Mae

Jeanie said...

Those homes are quite lovely. And I love the eagle!

Jenn said...

A lovely selection of mural, I like the lighthouse.
https://westofthefifthmeridian.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

Great murals! You got a fine shot of the eagle.

thecuecard said...

I have been to this town once! Love the pics ...