Friday, June 09, 2023

The Beginning of Summer

 

Chipmunks are all over our garden.

They also sit on our chairs.


Throughout the neighborhood, people are starting their vegetable gardens.
These raised beds are in a front yard around the block from us.

The University of Michigan Peony Garden was at its peak last Sunday.
Hundreds of people were enjoying the thousands of blossoms.


Neighbors are committed to encourage pollinators (but I'm not sure what that means here).

In another garden, less cultivated, is a clover, a recognized attraction for pollinators.

Roses are blooming in other people's gardens.





Spring flowers are just about finished blooming

The latest-blooming rhododendrons are just finishing their season.



Smoke from Canada has weirded out the sun.


Unfortunately this is climate change. Exceptional drought causes fires in Canada.

The Ann Arbor Potters' Guild held its June sale.


A ceramic dragon at the Potters' Guild.


Shared with Eileen's Critters.
Photos © 2023 mae sander

8 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

So many wonderful gardens! We have rain today, finally.

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the chipmunks, we don't have them here. This is a wonderful time for flowers, I love seeing all the gardens and parks. Sorry about the smoke, hope it's not too bad. The climate is changing rapidly! Have a great weekend, Valerie

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the chipmunks, I have not seen any in my yard this year.
I love the beautiful Peony garden and the roses.
I am sure the bees are happy there. That ceramic dragon is cool. The sky and air quality has been very bad here this week, but the smoke/haze made the sun look beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your chipmunks. I don't think they are native to northeastern Oklahoma. I love all the blooms you show. And a peony garden! Peonies are way underrated in my opinion.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What gorgeous flowers! And a little chipmunk always looks like it's having such fun!

anno said...

What beautiful flowers you have in your garden (and in your neighborhood). Peonies in bloom always make me swoon. What to do with the plants -- and the garden space they occupy -- afterwards, though? That's my question!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Beautiful roses. I LOVE the raised beds in your neighbor's yard. Love that veggies can be grown in a front garden. And I have read about that pollinator program. We don't have that here.



David M. Gascoigne, said...

Too bad that the main export we have for you right now is smoke! Sorry, Mae.