Saturday, February 18, 2023

What’s Streaming on my TV

“Vienna Blood” Season 3

Dr. Max Liebermann, a Freudian analyst and amateur detective in a wonderful series.

The era is Vienna in the first decade of the 20th century, with fabulous costumes and sets.
We have watched all six episodes, which were released recently.

Max and his former fiancée Clara Weiss often have coffee at Viennese cafes.
She has become a newspaper reporter, and wants to know about the cases he is solving.


“Troubled Blood” — Latest Cormoran Strike Series


We have watched the first two episodes, and will watch the rest when available.
Although I have read the book, I don’t remember how it came out so I’m really liking it.

I'm enjoying a quiet week after a very busy trip to Baja California! I have almost caught up with reading the newspapers and magazines and blogs that I follow online, and I have almost managed to start reading again, but not much. I'm sharing this with The Sunday Salon at the blog Readerbuzz.

12 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

A quiet week home is always the best after a fun trip. It's tough when it's not a quiet week and somehow you don't have time to acclimate to being home (and as you said, the catching up) and process all the trip "memories" . Enjoy your weekend Mae. hugs-Erika

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I did not know there was a Cormoran Strike, I will have to check it out.
Have a great weekend.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm glad you were able to have a calm week after a busy trip. We have not seen either of these series. I think we might especially be interested in Vienna Blood.

Tina said...

We haven't tried Vienna Blood yet but have been enjoying some of the libraries offerings on crime series. Glad you are back and cathcing up :-)

anno said...

Both of these look interesting -- beautifully done -- but after this week it may be a while before I'm ready for anything intense, brooding, or bloody. Something to keep in my back pocket for when I need it later.

Elza Reads said...

Hi there Mae!

I've never even heard of Vienna Blood - but I am very intrigued now and will see if we can stream it as well.

I love love love The Cormoron Strike series. Books and novels. I'm two behind, so I will have to read Troubled Blood still!

Enjoy your shows and have a good week ahead!

Elza Reads

Terrie said...

It's a nice luxury to be able to relax and catch up with everything that stacks up while away from home. Hope the trip was excellent! Have a terrific week and put your feet up with a good book!
Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-38

Mark Baker said...

I'm not sure I'd even heard of either of those series. It's so hard to keep up with everything these days. Hope you continue to enjoy.

Jenn Jilks said...

The scenery looks amazing!

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I always need a quiet week to recover after a trip. I hope you have a great week!

Jeanie said...

For whatever reason, I always seem to miss episode one of Vienna Blood with no time in the week to catch up. I know I'll end up streaming it -- probably this summer. It's a fascinating series.

thecuecard said...

So is the Cormoran Strike series really good? It's not too slow right? The books are a bit slow but I'm thinking I'd like to try the series.