Monday, February 27, 2023

Balboa Park on a sunny day


Back at Balboa Park with Phyllis and Ed today. A gorgeous sunny blue-sky day!

We returned to the art museum, and spent quite a bit of time there. This painting is called
“Seated Women with Shawls” by Mexican artist Francisco Zuniga (1912-1998).
It was in the exhibit titled “Identities,” which we viewed again today. It is very impressive! 

Outside the museum: a sculpture of the same two women by the same artist.

Lunch at the Art Museum Cafe



The sculpture garden behind the cafe.

The Natural History Museum




The Gardens




Blog post © 2023 mae sander

4 comments:

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

Is that a real Great White Shark that they've somehow preserved?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember I spent about 20 minutes waiting for people to leave from a site I wanted to photograph in the arches in Balboa Park one year. I never ate in the museum's restaurant, because there were so many other choices for all kinds of ethnic foods in San Diego I don't have access to in Wichita. However, the sandwiches look delicious and the menu is different and more upscale than what our art museum serves.

The gardens are lovely and the sculptures are superb. I missed the Natural History Museum, but that shark is impressive.

One museum I DID visit that was unimpressive was the Air and Space Museum. After visiting the Smithsonian in DC and the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson, KS, it was a disappointment. I hope you are having fun in the San Diego area, Mae.



eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the sculptures, cute frog. The shark is creepy it reminds me of the one at Universal Studios. The cactus are pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

What a lovely day!