Tuesday, August 24, 2021

White Bean Soup

Soup: a nice meal even in fairly hot end-of-summer weather. Monday’s soup was a white bean soup, for which I happened to have almost all of the ingredients. Although I went to the Farmers Market Saturday, we had eaten most of the produce I bought there. Those vegetables were just too good to resist. So I made soup from carrots, a potato, a can of white beans, celery seed, rosemary, a splash of wine, a squeeze of tomato paste from a tube, and some good stock (left from last week's onion soup). We had parmesan cheese to grate and a tomato and some fresh basil as a garnish. Tomorrow: another visit to a produce store.



Recipe here: https://theclevermeal.com/the-best-white-bean-soup/

13 comments:

Debra Eliotseats said...

I just love a thrown-together farmers market meal!

Halle said...

That soup looks so good!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

A vegetarian delight. It's still too hot here for soup, but I'm going to copy the recipe. I'm old school and will soak my beans overnight and cook rather than buying a can of cooked beans.

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) said...

Such a great use of pantry ingredients with your fresh vegetables.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Soup is the perfect way to use left over veg Mai, I hate wasting food.. it must be my Scottish blood 😉

DVArtist said...

Yum this looks so good. I can eat soup any time of the year.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Mae,
It's never too soon for soup for me. I love it all through the summer. Your simple vegetarian recipe sounds delicious.

Tina said...

I love soup year round no matter what the temperature. I eat hot dinners so soup is also welcome.
Thanks for the recipe link.

Deb in Hawaii said...

I have been craving white bean soup lately--this looks fresh and delicious!

Claudia said...

We've been having lots of cold soup lately - gold borscht, cream of tomato, avocado, Gazpacho, etc. Soup is always a favorite! And good to have a decent Farmers Market available.

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Nice outline for farmer's market bean soup, thanks.

Marg said...

This looks good! Some crusty bread and then there is a whole meal right there! Yum.

Beth F said...

I like soup all year round!