Wednesday, July 14, 2021

The Most Amazing Bird Photos

The 2021 Audubon Photography Awards have just been announced this week. I've been looking at these images, and I'm especially impressed by how many common North American birds are in the winning photos. 

If you love to look at birds and bird photos, you'll enjoy the following two articles:

Here is one I like, from the 100 photos shown at the Audubon website:

Golden-fronted Woodpecker by Danny Hancock, Palo Duro Canyon State Park, TX




6 comments:

Kitchen Riffs said...

Lovely picture. We went camping at Palo Duro Canyon back in the 80s. Lovely place, and loads of wildlife.

Jeanie said...

I'll have to check those out!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That is a very colorful woodpecker. I personally liked the cardinal, and my favorite was the two bald eagles in flight fighting over a fish. Of course, the one that surprised me the most was the pink spoonbill. Thanks for the links, Mae.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I just received the latest Audubon magazine that shows just some of the photographers winners. They are all amazing photos. I love the woodpecker! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Rain said...

That's a lovely photo, people with their cameras are just so talented. I bet it takes a lot of patience and stealth to capture such nice photos!

Linda said...

Now that's a bright looking bird!