Monday, September 21, 2020

Six Art Works

Artists from the past have envisioned real life in so many ways, so many fascinating ways. Here are some works that depict drinks and drink containers, shown in a number of styles. I've put this together randomly, without trying to imply any meaning. I’ve written about some of these in previous blog posts.


Coca-Cola 5 Bottles by Andy Warhol, 1962. (source)

Still Life with Milk and Fruit by Paul Cezanne, 1901. (source)

Glass on a Table by Georges Braque, 1909-1910. (source)

A Cup of Water and a Rose by Francisco de Zurbarán, 1630 (source)

The Milkmaid by Johannes Vermeer, 1657-1658 (Wikipedia)

The Chocolate Girl
by Jean-Étienne Liotard, 1743 (Wikipedia)

Each week a group of bloggers share images with the theme of beverages. To see more of these posts, check here:

Blog post copyright 2020 by mae e sander, images as credited.


13 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

This is such a nice variety of drink-related art! Happy T Day :)

kathyinozarks said...

Enjoyed your art choices Happy T Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

I like the variety. Cezanne would be my pick to hang in my house (if only I had money like that to own a real one-smile). They are perfect for T day. Have a great T day and first day of autumn also. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

A very nice collection showing how times are a changing...

Valerie-Jael said...

You found some great images. Happy T Day,Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Love the variety of drink related art that you've shown today - perfect 😁. Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

DVArtist said...

Wow this is a beautiful post. The art is amazing. Have a wonderful day.

Jackie McGuinness said...

What a great idea! I love the cup of water.

I may copy this on my next visit to the museum.

Eileen Bergen said...

I recognize a few of the paintings. What a nice variety you shared. It's a good thing Braque gave his paintings realistic titles. Grin.

Happy T-day! Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

Lisca said...

What a lovely choice of drinks there through time. I´ll go for the chocolate. Even in those days, hot chocolate must have been something really special.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Kate Yetter said...

Some very beautiful art to share today.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous drink related art Mae! I love the Chocolate Girl as she reminds me of a visit to the Chocolate Museum in Budapest a couple of years ago. Belated T day Wishes! Chrisx

Sharon Madson said...

Great share of Andy Warhol for your T Day post! Thanks for your earlier visit to my blog. I appreciate you and your comments.