Saturday, September 05, 2020

Pasta


Being locked down without a social life to speak of has one funny effect on me: it makes me procrastinate. Recently I haven’t done any major grocery ordering — just made it to a few farm stands and produce shops to keep us in fresh fruit and vegetables. This weekend, therefore, I’m using up what’s in the house, which would in fact be a good thing to do in any case. Tonight’s pasta combined several available vegetables, half a box of linguini (right for 2 people), and freshly grated Parmesan from a wedge I luckily had in the refrigerator. Really pretty good!



Blog post © 2020 mae sander.


7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've been living on what I have in my pantry, too. However, I have a lot more cans and yes, pasta, than I have fresh fruit and veggies. Your improvised pasta meal looks wonderful.

Angie's Recipes said...

Simple, delicious and satisfying! I would love mine with lots of Parmesan too :-))

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) said...

That's my kind of Sunday dinner, pasta using up all the leftovers.

Jeanie said...

I've been much the same with food -- we're using up. NOt dashing to the store for this or that. If something calls for an ingredient we don't have, we either fake it with something else, omit it or put it on hold till we have it -- whenever we get it. Only fruit and fresh produce are restocked with any regularity. In many ways, that makes cooking even more fun than it was before!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Improvised meals are sometimes the very best of all. We have what we call "clean out the fridge" night and everything generally turns out well, even if the combination of ingredients is sometimes a little odd!

Divers and Sundry said...

That looks tasty. I'm still making regular weekly grocery trips, but even so... it's interesting how often I don't have what I need.

Debra Eliotseats said...

I recently found a sale on pasta and stocked up. It's my go-to, especially in the fall and winter months.