Friday, September 11, 2020

Back Alley Murals, Ann Arbor


New this week: a mural in an alley in Ann Arbor downtown, with tables ready for outdoor drinking.
The Circ Bar, next to the alley, owns the space and is cooperating closely with the artist, Gary Horton.
The Ann Arbor Art Association received a $50,000 grant to support this and several additional murals.

Facing the new mural: another target image.


In the same block: the alley belonging to the Blind Pig and 8 Ball Saloon:
a wall of new murals leads to an outdoor dining area.
 
The mural was painted this week by Chris “Dokebi” Sammons.

Also in the alley: graffiti.


Around the back: more graffiti. Will there be more murals? I don't know.

At the Art Association building: another new mural painted with the grant.

The creators of this mural are from the University of
Michigan group "Live in Color."

For more information, see the article "Dancing amid the panic," published by MLive Sept. 5.

Blog post and photos © 2020 mae sander.

8 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I like the first one...thanks for sharing, Mae, and have a great weekend!

Divers and Sundry said...

The murals do brighten up public spaces, and that was a great way to make that outdoor seating area a welcoming spot.

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) said...

They certainly stand out. Hopefully no-one will deface them.

Iris Flavia said...

Love the little monsters! Here you´re still not allowed to sit so close to each other.

Linda said...

Fun murals! Those horned critters by Chris “Dokebi” Sammons are a little scary.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am visiting my neighbor Sally, so I must keep this brief. My internet appears to be fine, but my power supply cord has gone bad, at least that is what my computer guru friend Scott thinks. He will try to get a new one for me in town on Monday. If not, he will buy one at Amazon. That's why I was late visiting today.

You have found some lovely murals, and some I have trouble appreciating. I do like all the beautiful colors, though, especially the first and second ones. Great finds.

s.c said...

Thats a big collection. Thanks for showing us.

Sami said...

So nice that you found more murals Mae.
Love the first one and the one painted on the container.
Thanks for participating Mae.