Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Chilled Pea Soup with Mint

Sautéed onions, vegetable broth, peas ... simmered for a little while...
Next: fresh mint & parsley...A little lemon juice ...
Mixture puréed  with the immersion blender...
Chilled and garnished with sour cream and chives. Very fresh-tasting and enjoyable.
Sheila's inspiring photo of chilled pea soup.
I was inspired to find a recipe for chilled pea soup with mint because my friend Sheila sent me a photo of this dish from a wonderful London restaurant. Len also had last month it in a very fine restaurant in Santa Fe (link here for more details). I decided that it was time for me to try making it.

The preparation would be quite simple, except that I made the vegetable stock from scratch rather than using stock mix or stock from a can. This could be a vegan dish if you used oil instead of butter for the sautéed onions, and chose a different garnish.

4 comments:

Debra Eliotseats said...

I've so many chilled soups recently. I just really haven't gotten "into" them besides the obligatory gazpacho and dessert soups. This sounds interesting though.

Kitchen Riffs said...

Love this dish! I actually have a recipe for something quite similar on my blog -- and it's equally good hot OR chilled IMO. Although at this time of the year, chilled is the way to go.

Beth F said...

Mint and peas seem to be a classic.

Judee@gluten Free A-Z Blog said...

This is perfect weather for chilled soup. Peas and mint sounds very refreshing. I'm pinning this one. Thanks