Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A Restaurant in Santa Fe

Restaurant Martin in Santa Fe, New Mexico, was the best place we ate during our recent long trip west. It's classified as "progressive American cuisine," and the chef-owner, Martin Rios, is a longterm resident of Santa Fe who was born in Guadalajara. The location is outside the main tourist area, but in easy walking distance of the central hotels. I was too busy to document our meal there at the time, but now I want to show some of the beautiful and delicious dishes we ate there, in a very charming and relaxing outdoor setting.

Roasted asparagus. The menu offers a very elaborate asparagus dish as a
first course, but I requested asparagus only, which is technically a side dish.
Chilled pea and mint soup with various garnishes.
Duck breast with various vegetables on a bed of duck confit.

Dessert: panna cotta with fruit and sorbet.
For more information, the restaurant website is here: https://restaurantmartin.com/about/

7 comments:

Kitchen Riffs said...

Really like duck breast -- so much flavor. Sounds like a terrific restaurant -- thanks for the heads up!

Tina said...

I would love to visit Santa Fe one day. What a great meal, duck breast is something I've had only once in my life.

Beth F said...

All the dishes look so pretty.

Carole said...

Yum,, yum. Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love the sound of the pea and mint soup. Actually both are in season right now and I just might try coming up with my own version. The restaurant sounds lovely .

Sue Jackson said...

Wow, this place looks amazing!! We visited New Mexico about 7 years ago & enjoyed some great food in Santa Fe (and Albuquerque, too). Thanks for the tip!

Sue

2017 Big Book Summer Challenge

Debra Eliotseats said...

We have not dined here but am putting it on our list. We sooooo hope to get back to NM soon!!!! Sorry I missed reading about your trip. Catching up now.