Monday, January 01, 2024

Costa Rica: Not for birds only.

 Many appealing creatures…

A coati named Stanley who comes to the hotel bird-feeder to eat.

Several types of squirrels snack on the feeder menu as well.

Quite a few agoutis also enjoy the buffet at the feeder. 

A lizard in the woods.



Our tour actually is mainly concerned with watching birds!

Pura Vida — the slogan of Costa Rica. Literal meaning: “It’s OK!”

What I like best: the hummingbirds! This one was sitting at arm’s length from me.

Update: I didn’t mean to forget the sloth!


Blog post and all photos © 2024 mae sander

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a fun time, The Coati is a cool critter.
Love the lizards and the butterflies.
The Hummingbird would be a favorite too.
Take care, have a great week!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've missed SO much. Looks like you are on another birding adventure.











DVArtist said...

Wow! What a lovely post. So many great photos. Have a nice day today.

Jeanie said...

I love sloths and was going to ask "where's the sloth!" I'm glad you didn't disappoint!

thecuecard said...

How many sloths have you seen?! The hummingbirds look neat too.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Oh goodness! Butterflies, too? I'd go there just to see the butterflies.