Sunday, May 14, 2023

Street Art/Window Art

Ann Arbor downtown shops have painted windows.







Here’s Watson. I said hello to him, just as his portrait in the window said to do.

Streets and Walls









Every time I take a walk through downtown, I’m amazed by all the new artwork, or at least new to me.  Ann Arbor changes all the time. On this walk, I also noticed a new bookstore (though it opened last summer, I guess I hadn’t walked past it yet). I always like the advertising on the delivery trucks, and the occasional multi-colored detail on some of the old 19th century buildings. I took a few photos of murals that I’ve featured before, sorry if any of these are repeats.

All photos © 2023 mae sander.
Shared with Sami’s Monday Murals.

12 comments:

dancewme said...

I love that you go in to meet Watson and he has his tongue hanging out. The windows look fab and we have some power boxes and things decorated like that in Minneapolis.

Jeanie said...

These are great. And I think I'm in love with Watson. He looks like a great character!

Rachel @Waves of Fiction said...

Love the Downtown Home & Garden one and Watson! The coffee chalk board is so pretty too! Thanks for sharing the gorgeous art work!

Jim said...

That is really great.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Watson is the spitting image of Bleubeard. Such a cute cat. Loved the Dark Horse Brewing Co, too. Great painted windows and van murals.

kwarkito said...

voilà une publication riche en trouvailles. J'aime beaucoup les vitrines peintes

kwarkito said...

Voilà de très belles trouvailles. Et j'aime beaucoup les vitrines peintes...

anno said...

It's always interesting to see what will catch your keen eye when you head into any new space. Looks like Ann Arbor has been encouraging lots of new artwork -- and some interesting characters. I am especially pleased to meet Watson and his very expressive yawn... will have to look out for him on my next visit.

Iris Flavia said...

They are all pretty, but Watson steals the show.
And Uncle Phil´s House. Very well done. The blonde beauty is great, too. A frog with a pineapple :-) Touchdown!!
Repeats are nothing bad, I tend to forget!

Sami said...

So many beautiful window and wall murals Mae! I love the electrical box with the sea creature, the florist shop window and of course I couldn't forget the beautiful "Watson", glad you visited him.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Mae.

Susan said...

That doorway is wonderful.

Literary Feline said...

So much talent and creativity goes into those artwork displays! My daughter loves the photo of Watson. One of my cats often an be caught with his tongue out too. :-) Thank you for sharing!