Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Salads and Recipes

While staying in Fairfax I made this salad: cannellini beans, prosciutto, figs, and basil.
The recipe was from the Guardian food page, published the day I made it.
 

Picture of the original salad by food writer Nigel Slater in the Guardian.

A Salad Dinner

The white bean salad was one of several salads and salad-side-dishes. Others included: avocado with clementines,
olives, ready-made potato salads, roasted artichoke hearts, hard-boiled eggs, mixed green salad, and snowflake rolls.





While in Fairfax, I always enjoy a trip to Wegman's Market, where I bought 
all the ingredients and the ready-made potato salads.

Blog post © 2023 mae sander for maefood dot blogspot dot com.

9 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love the idea of a salad dinner. Rick hates it so it's more for a friend gathering. All these look great!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I don't know which salad I like the most. Now that our garden is packed with vegetables we have a salad every night. Ours is kale (so much kale!) with cherry tomatoes (hundreds), carrots, bell peppers, and cucumbers, and feta cheese and blueberries.

anno said...

oh my! These salads look fabulous -- delicious inspiration for a long long time! Thank you!

Iris Flavia said...

Mouth watering, all of them!
Yesterday, after a long work-day, I wanted to buy such a "nasty" ready to go salad, but it was so cold I ended up with a "fake" potato-brokkoli-lasagna, that lasts till today for me.
Spring said good bye again...

Sherry's Pickings said...

these salads look so good Mae! I love the look of that prosciutto one especially, even tho I don't eat porcine flesh anymore :=)

eileeninmd said...

All the salads look delicious. We love Wegmans here too.
Take care, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh my gosh -- that's Florida-style eating any time of the year (and Oregon in the summer, so basically all year for us!) All look so delicious. I will do the avocado-clementine one for sure soon. Was there a dressing for the one you made?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never had prosciutto, but the other salads look fabulous. I could eat salads every day of the year. You have made me very hungry.

Tina said...

Your place is the place for dinner! I'd love one of the salad dinners you shown.