Saturday, June 29, 2019

The Ordinary

What could be more ordinary than a dandylion? Walking in the parks near Ann Arbor, I've been trying to
look again at ordinary things in nature, things that normally I don't bother to photograph.
It's a cliché to talk about finding beauty in Nature, but it's also one of the ways you can really enjoy your surroundings.
Poison Ivy? We wish it wasn't so ordinary.
Looking up at the trees: beautiful. And ordinary.
I never find 4-leaf clovers! But I have some eagle-eye relatives who
find them everywhere.


At its peak a couple of weeks ago, the Peony Garden in the Arboretum was pretty. It has one of the largest collections
of peony varieties in the world, we are told.

We see vultures almost every time we take a walk in a park.
Canada geese overpopulate every open space near water, so their goslings are cute but unwelcome.
Other ordinary birds that I don't bother to photograph include robins, English sparrows, and even the colorful cardinals.
All photos © Copyright 2019 by Mae & Len Sander for maefood dot blogspot dot com.
If you read this post elsewhere, it's been stolen.

2 comments:

Evi Erlinda said...

Beautiful photos!!

Have a wonderful week end

Jeanie said...

I'm with you on the geese. I love photographing them -- the adults are stark and lovely and the babies adorable. Just great till they come to your beach!

Lovely images, all.