Thursday, June 06, 2019

Mama Chang, Fairfax, VA

Scallion Bubble Bread, about to be delivered to our table at Mama Chang
Restaurant in Fairfax, VA. We could see the kitchen from our table, which
I find a bit unusual in a Chinese restaurant!
Mama Chang was named best new restaurant in the Washington Post's
Spring 2019 Dining Guide. (LINK TO ARTICLE)
We had a very enjoyable experience eating here.
Beef stew with potatoes. 
Noodles fried with vegetables. 
Sweet-sour lotus root. This was really delicious and completely new to me.
We also had pork belly with lotus root, which has a very
different flavor profile and is also good.
Very spicy deep-fried flounder with cumin. I found this a little too spicy.
The bones (which were mentioned on the menu) made it a little hard to eat.
Every table seemed to have a totally different selection of dishes,
including many types of steamed buns, which we didn't try.
All photos Copyright © 2019 by Mae & Len Sander.
Blog post created and owned by Mae's Food Blog: maefood dot blogspot dot com.
If you see this post at some other blog, it's been stolen.

11 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

That looks like a really tasty meal. I would love to try that bubble bread!

Jeanie said...

That bubble bread looks to die for! Coming up in Len's next bread bake, maybe?

Pam said...

Mmmm! Good looking bread, for sure!

Beth F said...

Looks good

Tina said...

That’s a place to stop when we travel, love the dishes you posted. That is unusual to see the kitchen in a Chinese restaurant.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Looks like a tasty meal. I too am drawn to that bubble bread! ;-)

Claudia said...

Yes, I'm wanting that bubble bread recipe also. All the food looked great actually.

Jackie McGuinness said...

All of this looks good to me. I don't use celery enough in cooking, need to remember to add it to stir fries.

Carole said...

Great name for a restaurant. Cheers from Carole's chatter

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I have to admit I’m not the most adventurous eater of Chinese food. I tend to stick to my favourites like sweet and sour pork or chicken omelette with spring rolls and dim Sims.

Have a great week in the kitchen

(Diane) bookchickdi said...

The scallion bread look amazing!