Saturday, June 22, 2019

Bread Baking News

Bread!



One more bread-baking book: Jeffrey Hamelman's Bread: A Baker's Book of Techniques and Recipes. Len continues to try many new techniques and recipes from this and his previously purchased bread books. Earlier this week, he made a deli rye that I liked, but that did not satisfy his increasingly high standards!



And another bread book, this one an old classic that was on the shelves of my favorite used bookstore, Motte and Bailey:


All photos copyright © 2019 by Mae & Len Sander, for use by maefood dot blogspot dot com.

5 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Wish I could have a slice :-) Love that golden brown crust.

Sherry's Pickings said...

so many bloggers bake bread. sadly i am not one of them but i do really admire the bread bakers amongst us:)

Jeanie said...

I've got to share this one with Rick!

Rick O. said...

I am sure it tasted as good as it looks. Was it a sourdough? The closest to making bread since my accident was a double batch of baguettes the day before my surgery (early April - I knew I was going to be stranded and I didn't want to suffer with bad bread and good drugs!) and a pizza yesterday. I need to get back at it now that I have full use of both legs.

Debra Eliotseats said...

That loaf looks amazing. You do have high standards!