Saturday, January 05, 2019

Winter Food

Roasted vegetables. Bigger casserole: potatoes, onions, shallots, carrots, garlic. Smaller pan: a local confetti squash.

Day 2: Roasted vegetable soup!
With my immersion blender, I pureed the squash into a few cups of chicken stock to make a thick broth. I cut up the other vegetables and added them to the broth to make an interesting medley. Plus more leftovers: some tabouleh salad was blended with the squash mixture, and some cut up meat patties added for still more texture. Obviously this is not a recipe, since no one including me is likely to have that combination of leftovers again. But the process is repeatable as long as you have compatible leftovers. Never the same soup twice!

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Now that's interesting -- adding the tabouli. I love tabouli but I never would of thought of adding it to the soup. Why not?! The photos look as lovely as I'm sure it all tasted!

Beth F said...

Soups is always the best way to use up leftover veggies.

Claudia said...

I add left over pasta to soup, so why not tabouli? We've been enjoying a lot of soup lately as well. And I now prefer my pressure cooker for making stock.

Klara said...

surely looks delicious.

Tina said...

Using leftovers for soup is always a great option. I hate waste so I try doing that with leftovers, sometimes it makes a casserole.