Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Trail to Woody Creek Tavern

woody-creek-ride 2
Beside the trail snowmelt drips from the rocks

woody-creek-ride 5
So much to look at (but the trail on the other side drops precipitously so one tries to skip the distractions)

woody-creek-ride 7
Maria, my riding companion

woody-creek-ride 8
A lemonade stand beside the trail

Not very far past the lemonade stand is the hamlet of Woody Creek, and our goal the Woody Creek Tavern. My menu choice: house-made tortilla chips with guac and salsa followed by green chili with posole. Maria and I arrived by bike; her husband Mark and Len met us after attending a talk, and we all had a fun lunch. Maria cycled back up the trail. My bike and I came back in the car.

 Note: I posted a lot of photos of food and decor of the Woody Creek Tavern before. Here's one food photo from our visit a couple years ago (click on photo to see more on Flickr):

aspenrestaurants 9
In June 2011, Len had the pulled pork -- Maria had it today
ALL good!

No comments: