Friday, July 31, 2009

Recent Meals

We've been enjoying some nice meals recently. Elaine and Larry joined us in one very nice outdoor dinner. We barbecued a whole spatch-cocked chicken (love that word). With it we ate more of the quinoa salad with oranges, raisins, and lemons. I mentioned the ice cream with warm chocolate sauce that Elaine made. On Thursday we tried a new diner that offers Mexican-Cuban food -- pretty pictures, not that great of food, though. Tonight we barbecued some skewers with tenderloin, red peppers, onions, and whole garlic cloves.

And now, it's the end of July.


Anonymous said...

I like the glaze on the bowl of ice cream....Ellen. I'm off to St. Louis tomorrow. Hope you are doing well.

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

I love spatch cooked chicken when I can get it to work properly. Wher is the new diner? I love cuban food and would give it a shot.

Mae Travels said...

Jen -- The new diner is on State Street, called Bori mex. They only have Cuban food on weekends -- the Mexican food I tried was just ok.

It's gotten a lot of attention, including in the Observer. The location (a bit south of Produce Station) has been through a lot of incarnations and nobody has made a success there.