Friday, November 09, 2018

Using my Silpat Mats

Pumpkin, onions, potatoes, carrots, and fines herbs for roasted vegetable soup.
Cauliflower sprinkled with fennel seed and salt. 
I don’t bake cookies much so my amazon-brand silpat mats were on the shelf, unused, for a long time. Recently I tried using them for roasting vegetables. Results are great. I brush the veggies with oil, sprinkle with spice, and roast at 425º for around an hour. They don’t stick but they do get brown. And the cleanup is easy.

9 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

I've been lining my trays and tins with parchment paper recently for easy cleanup. But I should check out these mats.

Jeanie said...

Thanks for the tip. I haven't been using mine lately either. In fact, now I need to go on a hunt!

Claudia said...

I too have got at least one or two somewhere, but don't use. Parchment paper is so easy, and no cleanup at all.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Great idea! Mine sit around too so I'll try this. ;-)

Vicki said...

I've never used a silpat mat but after seeing this post I ordered a set from Amazon. I use non stick aluminum foil but would much rather use these mats.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Why have I not thought of this? I probably roast vegetables five days a week, and go through a lot of heavy duty foil. Thanks for this great idea!

Marg said...

I don't have any silpat mats. Maybe I should rectify that!

Beth F said...

I usually use parchment -- because I don't have to wash them! But I agree the silpats work well for roasting.

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

My silpat mats are very old and still going strong. I especially love them when making Christmas cookies.