Tuesday, March 04, 2008

One Book Shelf

The amazon editors' blog Omnivoracious has invited readers to submit a photo of their bookshelves with a list of the books. I love the idea. I'm sure that this big-time website will never get around to my books, though, so I think I'll start blogging them myself.

I'm starting with some foodie books, which I'll do here on the food blog -- later if I don't lose interest, I'll do other books on my other blogs. The shelf in the picture represents about one-tenth of my food books (which are a fraction of all the books in the house). I don't guarantee that I'll ever finish the project. Be sure to click on the photo for a close-up!

About this shelf: as you see, in front of the books one of my other reading interests has sneaked up in the form of three plastic Shakespeare toys. Behind the cartoony Shakespeares, are the following books:
  • George Lang, The Cuisine of Hungary.
  • Andras Koerner, A Taste of the Past: the Daily Life and Cooking of a 19th-Century Hungarian Jewish Homemaker.
  • Kay Shaw Nelson, The Eastern European Cookbook.
  • Joza Brizova, The Czechoslovak Cookbook.
  • Karoly Gundel, Gundel's Hungarian Cookbook.
  • Joan Nathan, Jewish Cooking in America.
  • Ladies Auxiliary of Jewish Home for Aged of Worcester County, Jewish Home Cookbook.
  • Mrs. Esther Levy, The First Jewish-American Cookbook.
  • Colette Rossant, Apricots on the Nile.
  • Rebeca Levin, Cocina Judia: Memoria y Tradicion.
  • Pati Shosteck, A Lexicon of Jewish Cooking.
  • John Cooper, Eat and Be Satisfied: A Social History of Jewish Food.
  • Cara De Silva, Ed. In Memory's Kitchen: A Legacy from the Women of Terezin.
  • Claudia Roden, The Book of Jewish Food.
  • David M. Gitlitz & Linda Kay Davidson, A Drizzle of Honey: The Lives and Recipes of Spain's Secret Jews.
  • Greenspoon, Simkins, & Shapiro, eds. Food & Judaism.
  • Sherry Ansky, The Food of Israel.
  • Angelo Pellegrini, The Unprejudiced Palate.
  • Irma S. Rombauer & Marion Rombauer Becker, Joy of Cooking.
  • Carolyn Dille & Susan Belsinger, Classic Southwest Cooking.
  • Junior League of Baton Rouge, River Roads Recipes.
  • Rima & Richard Collin, The New Orleans Cookbook.
  • Mimi Sheraton, The Bialy Eaters.
  • H.E.Jacob, Six Thousand Years of Bread.

No comments: