Sunday, May 26, 2024

Where will I be?

 Hint 1: I am reading A Tale of Two Cities.

Dickens published A Tale of Two Cities in 31 installments beginning in April, 1859.
This is the cover of one of the issues first serializing the novel.

A wine shop in one of the two cities in 1780, near the beginning of the novel.
The Gutenberg edition that I’m reading includes the original illustrations.
Dickens is a fabulous author!

Hint 2: I’ve been there before.


A postcard.


Hint 3: You can find great birds there.

A European Robin that we saw in May, 2016.

Moorhen and her chick, 2016.

Did you guess?




Blog post © 2024 mae sander
Shared with Deb’s Sunday Salon

12 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

What a wonderful edition of that book. Bird watching photos to come, I hope?

Cloudia said...

Oui oui Paree!!

JoAnn said...

Wonderful!! Enjoy your travels.

Helen's Book Blog said...

Ah, Paris in the spring! Have a wonderful vacation!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Iris Flavia said...

The croissant was a good hint - though here we have an Italian café that has croissants as "Italian Breakfast"...
Either way: Wishing you a good flight and great weather in Paris!

eileeninmd said...

Sounds awesome! Have fun and safe travels.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm trying...trying...trying...(and, sadly, failing) to contain my envy. I do wish you were in the other city of the Two Cities; I've never been there, and I'd not have to tamp down my jealousy as I hear about your adventures...

Okay. There. Contained. Eager to hear about all you see and do!

My name is Erika. said...

I hope you have a bon voyage.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yes, I guessed, BUT I am so jealous. Lucky you.

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

Ugh, I am insanely jealous!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

That moorhen is really interesting and I would die of happiness to see such a bird in the wild.

Dickens was my mom's favorite author. I really need to read something by him just to see for myself.

Jeanie said...

Bon voyage!