Saturday, December 03, 2022

What We Have Been Eating

A cold day near the sea.

Today was not a very good day for birds, as it was bitterly cold with heavy wind, and the birds were more sensible than we were. We walked around and looked for them, but they were obviously sheltering from the elements. Thus, I’ll show you some of the food we’ve been enjoying.

Breakfast at the Hotel on the Island of Texel






I”ve heard that these sprinkles are a Dutch favorite.

Lunch at a Fresh Fish Market and Restaurant

We love to have fresh fish in places like this one, and our tour guides knew where to find this. 





Several ship models were on display.
I chose plaice as my fish for fish & chips.



Dinner at the Hotel




  Photos © 2022 mae sander




10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

The food all looks delicious. It is nice to have a local tour guide, they know all the best places to eat. Sorry about the windy day, weather does not always cooperate for birding outings.

DVArtist said...

Well now I want to eat. Everything looks so good. However, when I got to the donuts I really wanted one. LOL

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) said...

We get those sprinkles here but I can't imagine the thought of fairy bread! I also had duck and mushrooms last night. I think it's lovely to be able to have such a wide choice of fresh fish to choose from. Thanks for sharing your meals with us.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Ingo would so love to join you with the fish!!!
I´ll make eggs soon and Ingo got caviar (did I mention fish?) No idea if I will try that. The rest looks yummy, though!
And I admit. I would like fish and chips. Or fish-fingers. Pixky fish-eater here...

Harvee said...

Love the desserts, sweets, and the fish.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a delightful spread!
We are landlocked, and don't get much fresh fish.

Tina said...

It all looks good. What a wonderul trip!

Trin Carl said...

wow that long array of food dishes reminds me of when I was in nyc in Korea town and there was a restaurant where you could pick any premade dish that was plastic wrapped mostly sushi and stuff. It was so adorable.@theglobaldig.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You certainly are eating well on this trip. So many lovely dishes. The fish was my favorite, as were the doughnuts for breakfast.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I especially like the fresh fish. I bet that was fantastic.