Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Amsterdam to Detroit

Flying home today we had a very smooth trip. We followed the instructions to leave a lot of extra time, but everything went very smoothly. The cab ride was quick, the check-in lines were quick, the passport lines were quick, and boarding was quick! Here are a few images of the terminal at Schiphol Airport:



I was very amused by this man cleaning the inside of the big clock!

A cute Christmas sweater.


The flight seemed endless, of course, but we landed on time, and the lines in Detroit were also short. In fact there was no waiting for Passport Control at all! 

We are home. We are happy because the trip went very much as planned.

Blog post © 2022 mae sander

10 comments:

Story Time said...

Glad all went well.

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) said...

Given all the chaos Schiphol has experienced recently I'm glad all went smoothly.

Iris Flavia said...

What a very unusual (and great!) experience.
I only know waiting endlessly. Especially in Frankfurt. Twice the plane could not start for over an hour due to the cold. And then it´s not 15 but 16 hours, ahhhhh.

Love the man in the clock.

Valerie-Jael said...

Enjoy being back home with lots of good memories! Valerie

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Sounds like a great experience heading home, so glad at went well. We have seen long lines and waits at customs and immigrations. The airport has beautiful Christmas decorations. Take care, enjoy your day!

Jeanie said...

I remember being impressed at how well the Amsterdam airport was managed.

Tina said...

Welcome home!!!

DVArtist said...

Great photos and glad everything went well. Now relax and get over the jetlag. LOL

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you made it home and the trip was smooth. I am SO sorry I didn't see your e-mail until just a few minutes ago that I was supposed to link you for T. I seem to have spent no time at all on the internet lately and e-mail is one of the last things I think of. I see you were able to link, though. Again, my apologies.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Glad you made it home safely and that you had a lovely time.