Friday, August 02, 2019

August Produce

Fruit and vegetables are at their peak right now!
I baked peach crisp from 6 of the 12 ripe white peaches that we bought at Costco.
The corn this year is a bit small, but these ears were very sweet.
On the grill: brushed with butter and fresh chives that grew right
in our back yard.
Len turned the ears of corn and brushed them with the butter several times until they were golden.
I'm looking forward to the produce for the next month or two. The season is really too short!

9 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I love stone fruit season. The peaches and nectarine are so juicy and sweet now. I might just whip up a batch of crisp with them too. Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend, Mae!

Beth F said...

The peaches at the farmer's market will go all the way to September. We're waiting for the white corn . . . our favorite. Maybe this week at the market?

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Nothing like a good peach crisp with seasonal fruit.
I live in a farm area and the ripe peaches in the summer can't be beat!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Love all the freshness we can get this time of year, too!

Claudia said...

Around here we're eating fresh mangoes and pineapple, though the Farmer's Market and grocery do have some good fresh corn. Yours looks good grilled!

Carole said...

You made me long for summer. It’s mid winter grey and wet here. Cheers from Carole’s Chatter

Tina said...

The summer fruit and vegetable season is something I look forward to very much. Your peach crisp inspires me. Freshly grilled corn! Wish I lived next door to you, I’d be begging an invitation:-)

(Diane) bookchickdi said...

That peach crisp looks so delicious. I love summer fruits!

Jeanie said...

That's what I'm going to do today -- go to the sweet corn farmer and buy some corn! He didn't have any a week or two ago but now should be in and good!