Saturday, November 07, 2009

Jewish Cookbooks

The annual Jewish Book Festival is going on this week; around 100 Jewish Community Centers across the country host them. I'm disappointed that at our local one this year no food author is presenting. However, there's a big table of food books, new ones and classics.

Interestingly, there are no non-cooking food books, such as histories of food, studies of ethnic foodways etc. Two possiblities: there's no market for them. Or the suppliers of the books don't know about them.

I bought a mystery by one of the authors who spoke. It wasn't her newest book, but she said it was the foodiest. (I volunteered to drive her to the airport to continue her round of book festival appearances, so I asked her about food in her books). I will report on the book as soon as I read it.

No comments: