Monday, August 25, 2008

Roberta's Dangerous Chocolate Cake

My friend Roberta sent me a recipe that seems to be circulating, for a nearly instant chocolate cake which you microwave in a coffee mug. I made myself one for dinner as I was dining alone. It was like a cakey brownie with little warm chocolate patches from the choc chips. Delicious. Very large portion. Here's the recipe (with my adjustments) (and Jen's adjustments). Now you know I'm not eating only fresh produce.

Dangerous Chocolate Cake
1 coffee mug sprayed or greased

Add
4 tablespoons flour, not self rising
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa

Mix these well.

Add
1 egg,
mix well, then add
3 tablespoons oil (I cut it to 2 Tb) (Jen cut to 1 Tb) and
3 tablespoons milk (I used 3 generous Tb kefir) (Jen used buttermilk).

If you'd like, add
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (Yes!).

Bake in microwave for 3 minutes. Cake will rise over the top of mug. Do not be alarmed. Let rest a couple of minutes.


Why is this cake the most dangerous?
Because now we are just 5 minutes away from chocolate cake any day, any time!!!!

4 comments:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Anything that has "dangerous" and "chocolate" in the name would be something I'd want to try! This looks completely sinful... and delicious.

Jen said...

Oh. Dear.

Actually, this is a great recipe for my 15-year-old DS who is skinny and can eat up a storm. He could even make this himself!

And for those times when you just *need* chocolate - wow.

Mae Travels said...

Sinful is right, Lydia!

And Elaine emailed: "Boy are you right--with that recipe you can satisfy all your gooey chocolate cravings in no time. I haven't tried it yet, but I have no doubt it will come in handy more often than is good for me."

Anonymous said...

yummy! it looks wonderful.