| (link) |
In the Woods
| A large fungus growing on the roots of a tree in the Arboretum. |
Food
Remembering Gloria Steinem (1934-2026)
“We are the women our parents warned us against, and we are proud”
“The art of life is not controlling what happens to us, but using what happens to us.”
“Honesty about our age would help. I always try to say my age because I figure it’s a form of coming out.”
“For me, saying that I am a feminist has always meant that I believe in the social, economic, and political equality of all males and females of all races and groups. I know this sounds too simple to need a word, but equality is still the exception, not the rule.” (link)
Update: A Second Death
Blog post © 2026 mae sander

9 comments:
That shaved beef stir-fry and the charcoal-grilled chicken legs both sound like a delicious way to head into the weekend!
THat fungus is great -- like a pretty flowering kale or something. Steinem -- what a legacy.
Hello Mae,
If not now, when will be the time to talk about climate change? The fungi is a cool sight. All your meals look delicious! It was sad to lose Steinem and Dolly, both were great human beings. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
The fungus is a neat photo! We lose some of our heroes along the way and it sure stops us in our tracks! Take care!
Thanks for the Gloria Steinem quotes! This one about activism is my favorite: "People, at my age, do ask me 'Who am I passing my torch to?' and I always say, 'First of all, I'm keeping my torch, thank you very much, and I'm using it to light other torches, because everybody needs a torch.' That is a way better revolutionary image than one person with a torch." ~Gloria Steinem, 25 April 2019, PBS
I wish I had that bowl of Dan Dan noodles right now.
The food pictures, as always, are fantastic. Especially the shaved beef stirfry and the Dan Dan noodles. Happy to see so many great Gloria Steinem quotes.
Blogger just gets stranger and stranger. Today I can’t sign into Google on my own computer. I am having to use my husband’s.
Gloria Steinem made lives so much better.
It was sad to hear of Gloria Steinem's passing .... such a sage and strong voice for the feminist movement. I liked the quotes you posted / thanks.
Post a Comment