Sunday, November 19, 2023

Detroit Street Art Part 2

 

As I mentioned last week (here), after a visit to the Detroit Institute of Arts, we spent some time following a map to find murals and street art in the area of Detroit near the DIA (Mural Map Detroit Arts). The number and variety of paintings on buildings, fences, and railway underpasses is amazing. Today, I am sharing a few more of them, with the artists identified where I am able to. This post is shared with Sami's Monday Murals, where I've found a community of bloggers who seem to love street art as much as I do!

By Birdcap & WC BEVAN


By Tony WHLGN








By Ghostbeard

Blog post © 2023 mae sander

10 comments:

Boud said...

Thank you for the virtual tour. These artworks are terrific, such energy! I didn't know Detroit had them.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

They have so much more than Wichita has. Loved these. Too bad there was so much trash that distracted the beauty of the mural by Ghostbeard.

magiceye said...

Bright and beautiful!

Iris Flavia said...

I sure would not park my car there, not even at daytime... good ones!

Bertiebo said...

So much to see. Nice work!

Sami said...

You found a lot of very diverse, colourful and fun murals Mae. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

eileeninmd said...

What a great collection of murals.
Have a great day and happy week ahead.

Jenn Jilks said...

These are terrific. Imagine, a map of them. Grand tour.

Linda said...

Very bright. The last one is my favorite. Happy Thanksgiving!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Fascinating, so much diversity here