Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Waiting for a Snow-Pocalypse. So far No-Pocalypse.

A terrible snow storm has been menacing us since last night,
but this morning at first light, it was only raining.

By early afternoon: a slight accumulation.
Remember, this is Michigan! We are ready for snow!

At dusk, there's still not a lot of snow compared to past years.
Our driveway has been shoveled and then snowed on a little more.

Maybe overnight we'll still get some real Michigan snow!
Not that I want it. But it seems wrong that so many things were
cancelled just for this. Even the groundhog in Howell, Michigan,
is waiting until Saturday to come out and make a prediction.

Photos © 2022 mae sander.


 

9 comments:

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) said...

Compared to what my cousins had in New Jersey last week, that's not a lot of snow at all. Hope you get enough but not too much to be snowed in.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

We didn't get 12+ inches, but nearly 7. The cats and I are bracing for the second round, now. Looks like you didn't get much at all.

eileeninmd said...

I assume living in Michigan you must love snow. I am ok with a little snow, that melts quickly, lol. Take care, enjoy your day!

Jeanie said...

We ended up with about a foot and I think more to come but not sure if it's just a spattering. It looks pretty, to be sure. But so not my thing...

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm worried for my sons and their families (in north Texas and Chicago) and this snow. They are not snow-experts like you folks in Michigan are. We are terribly worried about freezing temps tonight. Last year a cold snap shut down a lot of Texas. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Divers and Sundry said...

I never believe predictions lol, but we are actually getting the ice they predicted. I'm glad I still have power.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Your small snow would be a huge snow for me! I think snow is magical!

My name is Erika. said...

Our round 1 is here in New Hampshire and it is rain. Round 2 is suppose to start tonight with ice and then snow. This morning they changed the rain line further north so I am not sure what we will get, hopefully just rain. We're the same in NH. Snow isn't an issue; it just means some work. Hope your round 2 is also mild Mae.

Jenn Jilks said...

We had real snow. It was a lovely little storm.
The goldfinches are turning yellow again, spring will come soon!