Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dining in Toronto

We ate at several excellent restaurants in Toronto. On Friday, we were at "Host," the restaurant that catered Aparna and Joel's wedding. Among the dishes we tried were an eggplant dish and aloo gobi (cauliflower and potatoes). I loved the naan bread with garlic and plain, and the somosa appetizers. Mango ice cream and pistachio ice cream (kulfi) for dessert were also a treat.


Here we are with our hosts:

On Wednesday, we had Thai food -- here's the Pad Thai and of course some Canadian beer:

Thursday we ate at an Italian-style restaurant, with a wide variety of well-cooked dishes. I enjoyed the caprese salad.
A couple of main dishes:

I really loved this veal chop with french fries and some chopped tomatoes and onions. The desserts were also good: I tasted two of them, though I couldn't order one after this plank of food.

No comments: