Saturday, August 15, 2015

Ann Arbor Farmers' Market

I managed to get to the Farmers' Market before 8 AM when shadows were still long and crowds not yet dense.
I've written about it many times before. Two weeks ago in Kona, Hawaii, I was seeing rambutans,
pineapples, super sweet ripe mangos, and local coffee -- it's different here, but it's always wonderful.  
The farmers had been up for ages: the person who sold me eggplants and
onions mentioned that sunrise at 6 AM had changed her sad mood to a happy one.


Maple sugar candy is one of the most marvelous things to buy at the Farmers' Market.
Back home by 9, I peeled and chopped most of my peck of peaches and made them into peach sauce.
The cantaloupe on the shelf is another market purchase. We had delicious tomato and lettuce
salad for lunch as well, and will be grilling corn and peppers this evening.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Yep, not like the ones in Hawaii, but pretty great anyway. I will be up your way in a couple of weeks, always love to go to MI, but I've never been in that part of it. Great pics, that peach sauce looks delicious!

Jeanie said...

Maple sugar is out already? Oh, trouble! I always enjoy farm markets in different areas, too. Hawaii would be very exotic by comparison but even just down south you see different things. It all looks so good -- and early morning? You get the best!

Johanna GGG said...

what lovely photos of the market - it must be great to get there so early but I couldn't comment on it myself as we are always there later at our local farmers market