Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Happy Twinkie Day!

Thanks to Louise, I'm aware that this is the day Twinkies were invented in 1930. The funny thing is that I remember thinking they were new when I first ate them as an elementary school child. That was long after 1930. Actually, I liked them. And I bought this package of 10 individually wrapped Twinkies today and ate my first one in years. Despite the mile-long list of industrial ingredients, it tasted pretty good. I assume the other 9 have an infinite shelf life.

Update: after an hour, I decided to have a second Twinkie. It didn't taste as good as the first. All kinds of philosophical thoughts are crowding into my brain in response to this experience.

2 comments:

Cynthia Bertelsen said...

I loved Twinkies when I was a kid, but I am not sure I'd like them now.

~~louise~~ said...

We should have had a Twinkie "toast" on Twinkie Day, Mae. Perhaps next year:)

Thank you so much for sharing your Twinkie Day link with me:)