Wednesday, April 07, 2010

From today's New York Times Dining and Wine Section

Trends! Sometimes the papers say blogging is obsolete, replaced by some other social medium. Twitter, maybe -- those tiny brief recipes. Or maybe something I haven't heard of. Today in the Dining and Wine section, blogging is back. People who photograph their food. This doesn't mean I'm a trend: they are talking about people who photograph every bite they eat. I'm not sure if they write anything much about it; the implication is that it's more of an obsession than a writing exercise. Anyway, it's a trend:

First the Camera, Then the Fork

The blogger and food diarist Nora Sherman.
Hiroko Masuike for The New York Times (center); photographs by Nora Sherman

2 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

After working at a newspaper for over twenty years, (not as a journalist) I'm thinking the industry is having quite a problem embracing blogging as anything more than a phase. I do hope they make up their mind. My feeling; blogging is here to stay for quite a while. And, I think that is a good thing:) Now, if I could just figure out how to take a decent picture...

Mae Travels said...

Louise --
The NYT did have some suggestions for taking good food pics in their "Diner's Journal." Some were good, some were so-so.

best... mae