Sunday, July 07, 2019

Mona Lisa Pictures from long-ago trips to Paris

At the Louvre before selfies: people would just take a photo of Mona Lisa.
Mona Lisa street art from many years ago.
I have no idea if this is still in place, and I doubt it.
A tiny Mona Lisa Souvenir in a shop window.
Mona Lisa beaded curtain in another shop window.
Mona Lisa opera recording in the window of a music shop.
All these pictures were first published in a blog post that I wrote in April, 2008. I took the photos on a variety of trips to Paris when I would take long walks looking at the streets and the shop windows, and checking for any interesting Mona Lisa images. I decided to repost it today for two blog celebrations:

All photos are copyright by Mae E. Sander, 2008, posted originally at maetravels dot blogspot dot com, and now reposted here at maefood dot blogspot dot com. If you are reading this post somewhere else, it's been stolen.

14 comments:

Pamela said...

When I first saw the Mona Lisa at the Louve, I was surprised by how small she was.

My favorite Mona Lisa was at the NC Museum of Art and made from spools of thread - https://ncartmuseum.org/art/detail/after_the_mona_lisa_2

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

This is a wonderful post. I enjoyed seeing all the Mona Lisas!

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

Just like Pamela, I too was surprised by the size of the painting. For some reason I had imagined it to be big.

dee Nambiar said...

That's a nice collection. :)

Bertiebo said...

Mona Lisa Mania!

Bertiebo said...

Mona Lisa Mania!

kwarkito said...

Mona Lisa. Is moving to another room in the Louvre for a few month. This is the first time this has happened in 14 years for reasons of restoration of the current hall.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, this sure is impressive!
I´ve never seen the original...

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

A fun post, Mae. Seeking out Mona Lisa was a great idea

Jim said...

Iconic.

Sami said...

Quite a variety of Mona Lisa's. I've only seen the one at the Louvre. Thanks for participating Mae.

Vagabonde said...

There are so many renditions of Mona Lisa. I like those you showed, including the original. Can you believe that the first time I took my American fiancĂ© home to Paris, in 1966, I took him to Le Louvre, we did not have to wait. At the Mona Lisa room, there may have been just about 6 people watching! Oh la la, that is not what happens today I understand – a queue of people who can hardly get close to the painting, with pickpockets feverishly working the crowd!

Debra Eliotseats said...

That sounds delightful---wondering around Paris, leisurely snapping Mona Lisas!

Jeanie said...

Love all of these! I can just imagine your delight in finding another!